What are the passport and Visa requirements to apply for EVUS?

The Electronic Visa Update System is an automated system that requires the following:

  • A valid passport for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter the United States.
  • You must hold People's Republic of China passport, even if your country of residence is not China.
  • You must have a valid 10-year B1, B2 or B1,B2 Visa.

If you are traveling from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau and have a People’s Republic of China passport as well as a 10-year visitor visa you should enroll in the EVUS. Travelers who reside in these countries but have other travel documents such as the Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan passport may continue to travel to U.S. as they do.

If your passport has expired, you will be required to apply for a new EVUS Visa update before entering the United States. We recommend that you enroll for EVUS at least 72-hours before your planned trip, to avoid any possible delays.

Previous Post Next Post

By using our website you accept our Cookies Policy. Click here to know more. I agree