Do dual citizenship holders need the EVUS?

Currently the Electronic Visa System is a mandatory process for individuals who hold a People’s Republic of China passport. Although it is likely that more countries will join the online program in the near future.

When you fill in the EVUS application form, there is a section that will ask you to provide information about a different nationality or citizenship. You should fill in the information according to your personal and unique situation. Answers to all questions should always be truthful.

However, in the section Travel Document Details the country of passport should be China. If you hold a different passport other requirements to travel to the United States might apply, for example the ESTA is available for nationals of 38 countries.

Bear in mind that people who apply for the EVUS must have a valid People’s Republic of China passport as well as a valid 10-year B1, B2 or B1/B2 visitor visa.

Previous Post Next Post

By using our website you accept our Cookies Policy. Click here to know more. I agree