EVUS visa enrollment online process

Submit your EVUS application form to update the detail of your U.S. visitor visa

Apply for EVUS

What is the EVUS enrollment?

The Electronic Visa Update System, or EVUS, is an automated system that determines eligibility to travel to the United States for temporary stays on a 10-year U.S. visitor visa. The EVUS enrollment is the registration process available to citizens of China who hold a valid passport and a valid visa B1, B2 or a combined B1/B2.

All Chinese travelers with a full 10-year visitor visa must enroll in the EVUS system if they wish to travel to the United States for a short-term stay and for business or tourism purposes. It must be noted that EVUS is not a visa. When a person enrolls with the system they will be updating the details of their U.S. visitor visa. Therefore, to enroll successfully, the traveler must already have a valid visa.

Enrolling with EVUS is an additional requirement implemented for nationals of the People’s Republic of China who wish to enter the United States. If the traveler does not have a class B visa, they do not need to enroll in the EVUS system.

What questions are on the EVUS form?

When completing the EVUS form, the traveler will need to provide their personal details such as full name and date of birth. Moreover, it is necessary to provide:

  • The B1 or B2 visa foil number as it appears on the U.S visa. It is a red number.
  • The passport number
  • Passport country of issue
  • Passport issue date and expiration date

The questionnaire will ask the traveler if the passport they’re traveling with contains the U.S. visa. If the visa in on an expired passport, the Chinese traveler will need to provide information about the passport that contains the U.S. visa.

EVUS applicants are required to answer a series of security questions before submitting their EVUS form. All applicants should carefully revise their details when enrolling with EVUS. The form should take about 20 minutes to complete.

How long is my EVUS enrollment valid for?

An EVUS enrollment is normally valid for two years from the date of registration. However, if someone’s U.S. visa expires, or the remaining time on their passport is less than six months, the EVUS enrollment will no longer be valid.

On rare occasions, the status of someone’s EVUS can be changed to ‘unsuccessful’ after the application has been successfully completed. In these cases, travelers will no longer be able to use their EVUS to enter the U.S. You can check the status and expiration date of your EVUS by logging in to your account.

EVUS allows travelers to stay in the U.S. for a total period of up to six months within the two-year validity period. It does not entitle travelers to stay in the US for two years. Your EVUS enrollment needs to be valid on the day you enter the U.S. but not necessarily during your stay or on the day you leave.

If any of your passport details change, or if you change your name, sex or nationality, your EVUS will no longer be valid and it will be necessary to re-enroll by completing the EVUS form.

What do Chinese citizens need in order to enroll with EVUS?

To enroll with EVUS, the traveler must be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China and should also wish to travel to the United States for temporary business or pleasure.

A Chinese traveler needs to meet the following requirements:

  • Have a valid Chinese passport
  • A full 10-year U.S. visa
  • The visa must be in the B category: B1, B2 or B1/B2

Chinese citizens also need to provide their contact information and the address of their destination in the United States.

Register with EVUS

Can I update the information after I submit the EVUS form?

Once an EVUS enrollment has been completed and approved, applicants can update most of the information. Applicants can change their address, email address, telephone number, contact in the United States, transit information, emergency contacts, and other information.

However, applicants cannot update their passport or U.S. visa information (including name, sex, and nationality) after they have completed the EVUS enrollment. If your passport or U.S. visa expires it is necessary to re-enroll with EVUS by completing the EVUS form again.

Register with EVUS

By using our website you accept our Cookies Policy. Click here to know more. I agree