USA Electronic Visa for Chinese Citizens

USA Electronic Visa for Chinese Citizens

All Chinese nationals who wish to travel to the United States should apply for a U.S. visitor visa B1 or B2. Whether the purpose of the trip is business or leisure, it is a mandatory requirement to hold a valid 10-year U.S. visa and a passport. As of November 29th, 2016, Chinese citizens with a visitor visa are also obliged to enroll in EVUS. Citizens without a valid visa or passport cannot enroll with EVUS. The first step for a successful enrollment is to have the proper documents up to date.

What is EVUS?

EVUS is an Electronic Visa Update System created especially to screen travelers before they enter the United States. The American Customs and Border Control Protection implemented this automated online visa system to increase security. The program is also designed to facilitate travel for all applicants.

Currently the EVUS visa update is only available for Chinese citizens. Anyone from Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan traveling on a People's Republic of China passport with a 10-year B1/B2, B1 or B2 visa is also obliged to enroll with the EVUS system.

However, the program is expected to expand to other countries that also require visitor visas B1 or B2 to enter the United States. Among some of these nations are Mexico, Colombia Argentina and Venezuela.

EVUS, the U.S. visa registration for Chinese citizens

If you hold a People’s Republic of China passport and have a valid 10-year visitor B1 or B2 visa, then it is mandatory that you enroll with the electronic visa system before you depart to the United States. People who don’t complete migratory requirements will be denied entry.

The truth is that the EVUS is a fairly simple process, especially if you comply with the necessary documentation. Bear in mind that if as a Chinese citizen you don’t have a valid visitor American visa, you cannot sign up with the EVUS. Enrollment is open to people who meet the requirements. Each application is carefully screened and the passport and travel visa are electronically linked to EVUS visa update for Chinese citizens.

How do I apply for a U.S. visa from China?

In order to apply for a U.S. visa for Chinese citizens, it’s necessary to complete a form online. During the enrollment process, chinese citizens are expected to provide their name, birth date, emergency contact, passport information along with biographical information and employment details.

When completing the form, applicants should also provide the number of their B1/B2 U.S. visa for Chinese Citizens, as well as supply the issue and expiration dates. Travelers should review their visa information carefully when enrolling with the EVUS system.

Other requirements include a current email address and a valid debit or credit card. The EVUS application is divided into sections and each section should be answered accurately and honestly. There is a questionnaire with a total of eight questions that are related to national security and the applicant’s criminal history.

Each applicant receives an enrollment number that can be used to review the status of the application. The approved EVUS will be sent to the travellers’ email address. EVUS is granted for two consecutive years and allows multiple trips. If the passport of visitor visa expires, it is necessary to enroll for a new EVUS.

How long does it take to get a visa to the USA for Chinese citizens?

It is highly recommended that travelers fill and submit the EVUS online form at least 72 hours before departure. Though most applications are approved within minutes, some cases take longer to screen. To avoid delays, it is best to enroll in advance as Chinese citizens cannot enter the United States without an approved EVUS.

Applicants are able to update most of their information once an EVUS enrollment has been completed and approved. Applicants can change their address, email address, telephone number, contact in the United States, transit information, emergency contacts, and other information.

However, applicants cannot update their passport or U.S. visa information (including name, sex, and nationality) after they have completed an EVUS enrollment. If your passport or B1/B2 U.S. visa expires it is necessary to re-enroll by completing another EVUS application online.

Previous Post Next Post

By using our website you accept our Cookies Policy. Click here to know more. I agree